Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An addendum to last week's message...

This past weekend I preached on "How can I claim my inheritance?" and just like so many sermons, I realized that I cannot preach every thought I have about a subject. So I wanted to give you a small portion of the message that I did not include in the sermon, and allow you to think about this and ask questions - here goes...

"...the inheritance you have isn’t solely received by you demonstrating faith only when it is beneficial. You see, our trust and obedience needs to go far beyond receiving only the good things that God has for us. What about trust and obedience – FAITH – that is required in situations that aren’t beneficial to me – like when God tells me to stop sinning – saying, doing, watching, listening to the wrongs? Next week we will discuss this in detail when we answer the question, “what does God want from me?” but I want you to know that God’s blessing, the inheritance, is contingent upon our obedience in every facet of our lives. Don’t try to claim inheritance when you aren’t willing to walk in obedience. – Paul warns us about this kind of thing in Galatians 6:7-8:

Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others—ignoring God!—harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life. (The Message)

You don’t claim an inheritance from God while walking in disobedience. You can fool a lot of people about your walk, but God’s not fooled. If you seek your inheritance while knowingly harboring sin or bitterness or deception, you won’t find your inheritance until you have exercised faith in those areas of your life."

By the way, if you missed it, CD's are available for this message.

1 comment:

Ed said...

The Conflict of Two Natures
Romans 7:14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

19For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,

23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from (AP)the body of this death?

25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

The Word of the Lord coming to the Journey at this time is one of the most exciting if not THE most exciting word to date. The Lord is telling us (3 times this year !)"My children there is so much more for you.You've just begun to unwrap your inheritance." And now Here is another key for us. It's the Domino principle in operation. Our obedience determines the flow of anointing to us and through us. Simple obedience.Obedience from the heart not obligation. We are no differant than Paul in his letter to the church at Rome. God knows our make up.He knows our struggles. He knows that without Him we cannot end sin in our life. It's a nature. Not an action. We are disobedient because our mom and dad (Adam and Eve) were disobedient. It's in our DNA. Paul recognized it and confessed it. He didn't try to cover it over or dress it up with religion. He saw his inability to be completely obedient to God.It disturbrd him to the point of crying out"wretched man that I am, who will deliver me!" AAHHHH !! Now your cooken Paul and here comes the joyous revelation! "I thank God through Jesus Christ."
We can't hear these words of God to us every Sunday and then walk away and think" Okay, I can do that. Let me just whip something up here." The word of God is a sword for a reason. It comes to separate me from me. Soulish from spiritual.Joints and marrow. Thoughts from intents. Lets cry out like Paul. "Father deliver us from this nature that resists you. We would be your people Lord and it's not by might or by power but by your Spirit. Help us God. We want to walk in this word that You are speaking to us now !" Amen.