Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sunday, April 23, 2006

"From Major Messes to Masterpieces, part 2" - that was our focus today as we finished up the seven declarations that we can make as God's masterpieces (a declaration is when I act on my belief that what God says is true by speaking it out regardless of the circumstance). After all was said and done, these were the 7 declarations:
  1. I am timeless.
  2. I am priceless.
  3. I am part of a greater picture.
  4. I am original.
  5. I am lovable.
  6. I am a work in progress.
  7. I am fixable.
I have really enjoyed preaching lately as I often am sensing anticipation and receptiveness from The Journey as the word is spoken. People were declaring these things during the invitation, and the Holy Spirit is doing a great work. In both services combined, we had 145, but the day had only begun at that point.

Candace and James Smith (and Quincy and Christopher) were visiting, which was great. I love those guys. But that afternoon, a bunch of people went to Wild Willy's Burgers for lunch to say goodbye to James and Candace. It was such fun! Church, I am convinced that we are missing out on fellowship opportunities - let's use Sundays to reconnect, and use the small groups to connect even more deeply.

But also, the church body began a church-wide 3 day fast (from Sunday at 7pm until Wednesday at 7pm), and we kicked it off with a 7pm worship time at the church. Without exaggeration, it was phenomenal. It was free-flowing, and there were times of singing, and times of silence, clapping and kneeling, calling out and singing solo, proclaiming the word - it was a great step for our body, and a great way to start out a fast. God continues HIS work at The Journey.

I would love to hear some stories from those who participated, as well as stories or words from those who fasted (whether partially or entirely). Feel free to post responses.

No comments: