Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Journey was a great place to be this morning as the Lord spoke to us through His Word about meekness - releasing control of myself to God - as seen in Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the meek. We talked about navigating through turbulent times by releasing control to God, and both services went well.

A couple of events today that I was very proud of:
1) We gave out copies of The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren to our graduates (all of whom were adults in college) - Andy Becker, Dory Gibson, and Pam Johnson. I am proud of what they have accomplished, and I hope that they will take the time to read this great book by Pastor Warren.
2) Speaking of Andy, I felt Andy did great today on bass guitar and really took a good turn toward becoming the bassist God wants him to be. Good job, Andy!
3) We had a group from Grace Church, a new church that just started in Stoughton, Mass. visiting with us today. My friend, Sean Sears and his wife along with another couple came here to observe how we as a newer church do things. I am glad to have had them with us.

We also had several visitors, including some return visitors which I hope will be back. God is so good to us, bringing in so many people to worship every week. We had 101 today, which considering it is Memorial Day weekend and we had alot of people gone is a great turnout. Thanks, God.

I was glad to be back in the pulpit. I am so appreciative of Lee and Ed standing in for me, but I was glad to get back in there. I do know one thing - I am exhausted right now (it is 2:10pm on Sunday afternoon - I could go for a nap).

I pray that through today's message that the people of The Journey will take on meekness to help them become the kind of faith-filled people that God desires us to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor Rob,

ANDY DUTCHER!!!??? Who is that!!??? I know that I was in nursery during the first service, but I believe my husband's last name is Becker!!!:)

Kim BECKER

Rob Willis said...

Kim (and Andy),
MY BAD! I had just been in Springfield and seen a guy named Andy Dutcher (known him for years) and I had his name on my brain...wow. Sorry about that! :)

The guy who I was commending - his name is Andy BECKER! :)
-Pastor