Tuesday, January 04, 2005

How pastors pray for their people...

From Ephesians 1:15-23
I found this in my bible reading this morning, and it never hit me like it did today:
Paul's prayer for the church that he started in Ephesus:
1) vs. 16 - I have never stopped thanking God for you

2) vs. 17 - asking God to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding so that you might grow in your
knowledge of God

3) vs. 18 - I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised -

4) vs. 18 - I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance He has given you

5) vs. 19 - I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of His power for us

To summarize, we pray:
1) In thanksgiving for them

2) For their deeper knowledge of God and discernment

3) For them to realize what God can do in their future

4) For them to realize the gift they've been given

5) For them to grasp God's power in their lives
Just thought I'd share...

No comments: