Monday, December 20, 2004

Sunday, December 19, 2004

I know that I have had a tendency to use the word "wow" alot in my blogs about the church, and quite honestly, I like the word "wow." It's not used enough anymore - everyone goes with "cool" or "awesome," but I use the word "wow" because I am complimenting God on what a great job He is doing here, and all I can say is "wow." This day was another "wow" day for us at The Journey.

To begin with, it was the fourth week of Advent, and we lit our fourth candle signifying love, which is also what I preached about - God loves us and we should love others. I feel that the sermons are going over very well (although I am majorly revamping them!), and the response has been great. When we started the service yesterday, we were low - probably around 50 people or so. But the rest of the crowd kept showing up, and by the time the service ended, we had 87! Wow!

We did have a visitor with us named Bill, who found us on the internet. He seemed like a really nice guy, and he told me that I looked older in person than my picture on the internet! :)

The worship time was great this morning. The response of the people was great this morning. And I believe the Spirit of God was able to work because people were ready to worship and receive the Word. A few people raised their hands for salvation this morning that I need to do some follow up with, and just a great morning.

But the day did not end there. We did an open-house Christmas party for our church, our second year doing that. Krista baked all day Saturday and decorated the whole house very Christmas-y, and we handed out door prizes, and played games, and gave everyone an ornament to take home. Last year at the party we had a total of 9 people show up. This year we had 65 people show up!!! It was great time, and wouldn't you know, it started to snow. Our first real snow fall of the year.

I do not know what I will be writing in one year, or what our attendance will be, or what major obstacles we will face in 2005, but this year has been a good year. I hope next year that we are talking about an additional 100-200 people (wouldn't that be something?!)

An additional note: our offerings are down this month (which is to be expected with Christmas), but pray that they come back up to where they need to be and that people handle their finances correctly and tithe.

But Sunday was good, and God is good. Wow.

No comments: