Thursday, July 22, 2004

Saturday July 17th

Today's service was our last Saturday service, and while we had a great service, I am not going to miss Saturdays at all.  Several of the church people like Saturdays, and I empathize with them, because I like meeting on Saturdays myself.  But this summer, we have taken a huge hit in our momentum and overall effectiveness as a church because Saturdays during the summer are so busy here, church is not on their minds!  

It wasn't like this in Missouri, not that I remember, of Saturdays being such a huge day, because it is warmer there much earlier in the year as well as much later, so people get their time outside.  Here, as soon as May hit with warmer weather, we took a blast and have not been out of the 30's except one time.  Our offerings have really taken a dive in these two months as well, but we are recuperating.

But this past Saturday, we had 30 something (I don't know the exact figure), but we had the large part of our core membership here, and we had a great service.  I preached on "Faith Bootcamp" from Hebrews 11:1-3 as I opened up a new series on faith called "You Gotta Have Faith."  It was a great service as we had several come to the altars for decisions to pursue lives of faith. 

The great thing is, Rod also just started a series on Wednesdays from James called "Feet to Faith" as he goes through the book of James, so our people are studying on Wednesdays, being challenged about it on Sundays, and hopefully beginning to live it out the rest of the week! 

I have also made a commitment to our people (said this last night at our Wednesday July 21 prayer & Bible study gathering) that I will give an invitation for people to come to Christ each week and also give Christians the opportunity to make some changes in their lives. I think this thing might just work ;)

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below! Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts! Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.

No comments: