Thursday, July 29, 2004

Our first Sunday, July 25th

Let me start by saying that this was an overall good day.  We had 51 in attendance, the music service went great, the picture presentation that Rod did was good, having Steve and Dawn Jesmer from Granite State was great (we gave GSBC a plaque), and an attitude of faithfulness by some of our members in their offering and trusting God. To top it all off, we had Mary Johnson, a 55 year-old woman and mother of one of our members, pray with me and ask Jesus to be her Savior - a great day! 

Ok - because this if for reporting purposes, and for my own purposes, let me report on some negative things that I hope to see get better:
1) Attitude - griping from the praise team on the early morning practice (and several were late), and griping from some church members on the switch to Sundays - both unacceptable.  Need to work on this.
2) Attendance - still had several people missing that I hope will join us for Sundays. 
3) Attention - my people need to pay attention to the visitors, especially my "staff" people.  Greet them, get to know them, and welcome them into our midst. 
4) Offering - it is still low, and some of my people need to step up to the plate and be more consistent.
5) Preparation - I was too unprepared in my sermon and thus my focus was off, Rod and I were running around doing some last minute preps in power point stuff which was unnacceptable.

Of all these, my biggest concerns lie in the ability of 1) my praise team people to be ready to worship and practice beforehand; and the ability of 2) my "staff" people to step up to the plate at altar calls, with visitors, and with making the overall attitude of the church be more friendly and upbeat.

We did have a good Sunday overall - but it could have been so much better with some attention to these matters.  God is good, and I think He will bless if we will make ourselves more blessable.  

No comments: